BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL SPEECH
Speech 105 is a practical introduction to the principles and skills of effective communication in business and professional settings. The course includes frequent performances in business situations requiring effective communication practices.
- Strengthen critical thinking skills through research, script development, and assessment.
- Develop interpersonal communication skills through small group collaboration.
- Practice interview skills.
- Develop presentations for business-type settings.
- Enhance organizational skills through the use of outlines in the speech preparation process.
- Craft a message using effective language for audience and context.
- Use research to provide evidence and reasoning for informative and persuasive presentations.
- Increase effectiveness of vocal, verbal, and nonverbal delivery skills through practice.