FUNDAMENTALS OF PUBLIC SPEAKING
Speech 102 explores the fundamentals of organizing, preparing, and delivering speeches in a variety of public forums. A key focus of the class is the applicability of speech communication to varied life situations.
- Strengthen critical thinking skills through research, script development, and assessment.
- Enhance organizational skills through the use of outlines in the speech preparation process.
- Craft a message using effective language for audience and context.
- Use research to provide evidence and reasoning for informative and persuasive presentations.
- Increase effectiveness of vocal, verbal, and nonverbal delivery skills through practice.