The 2013 Ole Miss Common Reading Experience Essay Contest
Information about the 2013 contest will be posted in August 2013.
William T. Jaynes
(University of Mississippi, Oxford)
(University of Mississippi, Southaven)
(University of Mississippi, Booneville)
(Oxford High School)
Congratulations to all of our winners!
The 2013 CINDY KRIESER WRITING AWARDS
Established in 1990 in memory of Cynthia Krieser.
These awards are made annually to first-year composition students (with lower-division status) who exhibit outstanding writing skills.
- Student Award for Exceptional Writing
- Student Award for Exceptional Progress in Writing
- Writing Center Consultant Award (optional)
2012 Krieser Award Winners
- For outstanding progress in student writing:
LaKeith Faulkner, “Final Reflection.”
- For excellence in academic writing:
Matthew Fernandez, “The Invalidity of Dolphin Captivity: The Arguments, Misinformation, Content, and Passion Surrounding the Debate.”
- For excellence in personal narrative:
Tiffani Nye, “Stroke of the Clock.”
2011 Krieser Award Winners
- 2011- Ms. Mary Liz Cronk, WRIT 101, Outstanding Writing Award
- 2011- Mr. Hunter Landry, WRIT 101, Outstanding Writing Award first runner-up
- 2011- Mr. Drew Carter, LIBA 102, Outstanding Writing Award
- 2011- Nikkina Hankins, Writing Center tutor
2010 Krieser Award winners
- 2010 – Eric Spangler
The Cindy Krieser Award is made possible by an endowment fund known as the Cynthia Krieser English Award Endowment fund, the purpose of which is to honor in perpetuity the late Cynthia Krieser and at the same time recognize outstanding first-year composition writing. This fund is open to and shall accept gifts from persons, estates, organizations, and any others who desire to make a gift and each gift, when made through the University of Mississippi Foundation, shall be fully tax-deductible. We invite inquiries, which should be directed to the director of the CWR; email inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Krieser Fund in the subject line.